Since the time of Henry Flagler already in the early 1900s, the week between Christmas and New Years has always been one of the busiest and best times to visit the Palm Beaches. But over the last 10 years, the Palm Beach/West Palm Beach/Delray Beach area has developed into one of the most popular New Years Eve destinations in the Southeast USA with a wide variety of entertainment and activities being offered for every taste. The largest and most concentrated celebration for New Years Eve will be in downtown West Palm Beach around Clematis Street. We have selected a few highlights in the area for this blog post:
Clematis Street and Downtown West Palm Beach. The center of one of the biggest parties in South Florida, the 500 block of Clematis Street will be closed off for cars and transformed into a block party with restaurants, bars and clubs participating such as the legendary Respectable Street Cafe, the ever popular O’Sheas Irish Pub and the The Lounge, the area’s most popular gay club. There will be a stage with 9 live bands performing, prizes, vendors, ping pong ball drop at midnight with fireworks over the Lake Worth Lagoon. Everything outside on the street is FREE to the public. In addition, there are several very nice special packages at restaurants and special deals at various bars and clubs which are ideal for combining with late night partying on Clematis. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Pistache French Bistro at the Clematis Waterfront is offering one of the nicest New Years Eve arrangements and would be our number one choice for guests who want to be in downtown for New Years. The party starts at 9:00pm and includes a 4 course dinner and half a bottle of champagne. $ 135 per person. Click here for more information.
- Gratify - Located just off Clematis at 125 Datura Street, this relatively new restaurant is getting very good reviews from friends and offers a more quaint atmosphere to start the evening. Gratify is offering an $ 80 per person deal which includes food, open bar for 2 hours, complimentary champagne and party favors at midnight. Click here for more information.
- Bahama Mama’s- This is a newly opened restaurant which has not been tested by many of our guests yet, but Peter and I tried it out recently and really enjoyed the cooking. The specialty here is Florida caught fresh seafood….a rarity here in South Florida. In addition to their regular menu, there will be a New Years dinner for 2 for $ 159 including lobster, filet mignon, grilled tuna, dessert and a bottle of champagne. Click here for more information.
- B B Kings Blues Club- B B Kings at CityPlace offers high quality live jazz music, dancing and the option to have dinner also. The regular New Years Eve package includes a 3 course meal, champagne at midnight and party favors for $ 75 per person. The VIP version for $150.00 includes a 3 course meal, passed hors d’oeuvres, champagne toast at midnight, party favors and vegas style seating by section. Click here for more information.
- Blue Martini- A perennial favorite at CityPlace, Blue Martini has a special New Years Eve party starting at 8:00pm. Guests can buy an entire table for $ 200 where 4 people can sit. There is an open bar from 8:00 – 11:00 with passed Hors D’Oeuvres with a breakfast buffet starting after midnight. Guests can also reserve a bar stool at one of the bars for $ 50 with the same benefits. Live music starts at 9pm. For more information, click here.
- Dr. Feelgoods, Monarchy & Lost Weekend- Probably the most happening spot in downtown West Palm Beach, this huge complex includes Lost Weekend which will be offering a retro disco party, Monarchy offering house music and Dr. Feelgoods offering top 40, hip hop and everything else. The $ 20 cover includes complimentary cocktails between 8 – 10pm, champagne toast at midnight and party favors. Big party here! Click here for more information.
Palm Beach Island. With some of the grandest hotel galas perhaps in the world to quaint charming restaurants offering intimate surroundings, legendary Palm Beach Island offers a wide variety of options for New Years Eve. Here are a few which we can recommend:
- The Breakers – In keeping with this exclusive resort, The Fantasy Ball 2010 will certainly be one of the grandest New Years Eve celebrations in the country. This black tie affair takes place in the Ponce de Leon Ballroom and includes food, music, dancing, entertainment and lots of people watching. The price tag is a bit high at $ 375 per person, but includes a 4 course gourmet dinner with wine, open bar the entire night, champagne at midnight, party favors, breakfast buffet starting at 12:30 am and more. Click here for more information.
- The Colony Hotel – More quaint, but also quite elegant, the Colony Hotel will also be hopping on New Years Eve. The enormously popular Royal Room Caberet is already fully booked at the time of the blog post, but the Polo Steakhouse is also offering a package for $ 250 per person including a one hour cocktail reception with butler passed hors d’oeuvres, four course dinner, music, dancing to the talented Switzer Trio, champagne toast and Palm Court Breakfast Buffet. Click here for more information.
- Michael R. McCarty’s – This is a very popular restaurant in Palm Beach which is moderately priced for the island. The New Years Eve arrangement begins at 9:00pm and includes a 4 course dinner and wine all for $ 126 per person. At the time of this blog post, a few tables were still available. For more information, click here.
Overnight Stay – At the time of this blog post, Grandview Gardens Bed & Breakfast received a cancellation and has one room available starting already on December 28th through New Years Eve. Call quickly to reserve! Click here for more information about our New Years Eve Package.