As one of the world’s most exclusive resort towns, Palm Beach offers many worldclass restaurants. The island is very seasonal. Winter/Spring is high season and it is often difficult to get a table in the most popular restaurants. Also, it’s not only about the food…it’s also about “seeing and being seen”. While there are a few casual restaurants available, during high season, many of the finer restaurants require or recommend jackets for men…and cocktail attire for women is advisable. However, in the Summer months, it’s more casual and there are some good deals for meals. The restaurants and entertainment are centered around 2 areas: the Worth Avenue area with South County Road to City Hall and the Royal Poinciana Avenue area. Below you will find the list of Grandview Gardens guest favorites:
- Ta-boo – Opened in 1941, Ta-boo is one of the most famous restaurants in the area with a long list of former and current famous patrons. The Bloody Mary was invented here as a hangover remedy for Barbara Hutton. Great for lunch and dinner. Jackets encouraged for men in the evening. 221 Worth Avenue
Palm Beach, FL 33480 / 561-835-3500 / www.taboorestaurant.com
- Palm Beach Grill – This is a very popular (trendy) restaurant located at the Royal Poinciana Plaza. For Palm Beach standards, mid-price range menu for excellent grill food. Reservations are a must and are difficult to confirm. The restaurant takes reservations for each month starting on the 15th of the previous month. Most weekends and peak dinner times are already booked by the afternoon of the 15th (of the previous month)….so you have to be quick. If you don’t have a reservation, you can still go and try your luck with a table in the bar area, where a waiting list is managed by the service staff on a nightly basis. 340 Royal Poinciana Way, Palm Beach – (561) 835-1077.
- Renato’s – One of the island’s most charming, upscale Italian restaurants with very romantic outdoor dining also available. Dinner can be combined with a stroll down Worth Ave. Jackets for men recommended in the evening. 87 Via Mizner, Palm Beach. 561-655-9752
- Café Boulud – Located in the Brazilian Court Hotel, one of the area’s most highly praised restaurants in terms of food quality. The terraces towards the inner courtyard is magical. 301 Australian Avenue, Palm Beach, FL 33480 / (561) 655-6060
- Buccan – Having just opened in the 2010/11 “Season”, this is the newest hottest restaurant in Palm Beach. The atmosphere is vibrant and trendy and the menu is exotic and delicious. Moderately priced. Jackets not required. 350 South County Road Palm Beach, FL 33480-6732 - (561) 833-3450
- Cucina dell’ Arte – Very popular with the younger, trendy set, this casual Italian restaurant is located at 257 Royal Poinciana Way in Palm Beach….and it’s always busy. 561- 655-0770
- Pizza Al Fresco – The best pizza in the Palm Beaches if you like thin European style pizza. Fresh ingredients, friendly service and a romantic atmosphere with outdoor and indoor seating. Located in the beautiful pedestrian Via Mizner. Park either on Worth or Peruvian Ave. Open lunch and dinner (till 9pm). 14 Via Mizner / Tel. 561-832 0032.
For the most recent blog posts regarding restaurants on Palm Beach Island, click HERE.