The Southside of West Palm Beach offers a wide variety of restaurants at every price level. Most restaurants are located along South Dixe between the Norton Museum of Art, through Antique Row all the way down to the Southend near Lake Worth. Here are Grandview Gardens favorites in the Southside of West Palm Beach:
- Rhythm Café– Eclectic décor around a converted 50s pharmacy soda fountain, you’ll find a very mixed crowd and great food in this West Palm Beach standard, which is also one of the most popular restaurants with guests at Grandview Gardens. Located south at 3800 S. Dixie Highway, West Palm Beach. Tel Nr.833-3406. Closed on Mondays.
- Belle & Maxwell’s - What started as a sandwhich shop, Belle & Maxwell’s has expanded and become a popular, eclatic restaurant serving lunch and dinner daily. This charming restaurant is ideal for antique shopping because it is located in the middle of Antique Row. Casual and affordable. 3700 South Dixie Highway, West Palm Beach, 33405. Tel 561-832-4449. Closed Sundays.
- Wattana Thai Restaurant– Thai specialties, good food, simple décor in a low key atmosphere. Also take-out. 7201 S. Dixie Highway, West Palm Beach. 561-588 9383.
- Sushi Jo– Popular sushi restaurant, very good quality. 319 Belvedere Rd, West Palm Beach. 561-868-7893
- Vagabondi– West Palm Beach’s newest trendy Italian restaurant and a new addition to our short list. Simple but delicious food in a very small dining room. Charming! Wed – Sun until 10:00pm. 319 Belvedere Rd, West Palm Beach. 561-249-2281. Small…reservations recommended.
- Flanigan’s Seafood Bar & Grill - Flanigan’s has a nice local flair and has delicious baby back ribs (the best we’ve had in this area). The seafood, steaks and especially the cole slaw deserve a special mention. The menu prices are very moderate. There is HD TV all over the restaurant and in the bar where you can also order food….so great for watching a game. In short, Flanigan’s is one of the best sports bar & grill in the area and is reasonably priced with great happy hours and nightly specials. 330 Southern Blvd, West Palm Beach. Tel 561-659-3129
- Howley’s – Open until 2 a.m. weeknights and 24 hours on weekends, this Diner originally opened in 1950 and offers decent comfort-food. 4700 S. Dixie Highway, tel. 561-833-5691.
- City Diner - Arguably the best diner in West Palm Beach in terms of food quality and clean atmosphere. Ideal for a great breakfast, lunch or early dinner (closes by 9 pm). Mon – Sat. 3400 S Dixie Hwy. 659-6776
- Joy Noodles – Asian restaurant offering tasty fresh meals with a nice variety of vegetables and delicious spices. The bulk of the menu is divided between noodle and rice dishes, mostly with Thai influences, but also Vietnamese and Chinese characteristics. Vegetarians will also find a nice selection here. The atmosphere is friendly and clean with an Asian flair. Overall, Joy Noodles offers a good meal in pleasant surroundings on a low budget. 2200 S Dixie Hwy, West Palm Beach. Tel 655-5212.
- Darbster – This is a delightful restaurant, which specializes in vegan quisine and is popular with everybody. Outdoor seating over looking the Palm Beach Spillway. Low budget and casual. 8020 S. Dixie Highway, West Palm Beach – 33405. Tel: 561-586-2622. Closed Monday and Tuesday.
Click HEREto read blog articles about restaurants on the Southside of West Palm Beach.